Friday, March 29, 2013
* 4 cups pretzels
* 4 cooked bacon strips, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup light beer
* 1/3 cup all purpose flour
* 1 tsp paprika
* 1/4 fresh ground pepper
* 1 - 1.5 lb chicken breast
1. Place the pretzels, bacon, cheese and parsley in a food processor. Cover and process until coarsely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
2. In another shallow bowl whisk the egg, beer, flour and spices.
3. Din the chicken first in the egg mixture and then the pretzel mixture. Place chicken in a 13 x 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
Beer, pretzels, bacon...Ryan was intrigued by this dinner just by glancing at the ingredients list! It turned out that my family loved this dish. I probably liked it the least, and I enjoyed it. In my opinion I thought it had a very prominent bacon flavor. Next time I would probably only add 2 or 3 strips of bacon, though that is probably why everyone really loved it! (On second thought perhaps I shouldn't mess with the bacon!)
You could also do this with chicken parts. If you do this with bone-in pieces, cook at 350 F for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:45 PM