Friday, March 8, 2013
* 20 medium mushrooms
* 2 tbsp butter
* 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
* 2 tbsp finely chopped red peppers
* 14 Ritz crackers, finely crushed (approximately 1/2 cup crumbs)
* 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Remove the stems from mushrooms. Finely chop enough of the mushroom stems to measure about 1/4 cup and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped mushrooms stems, onions and peppers. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender.
3. Stir the cracker crumbs, cheese and Italian seasoning into the vegetables. Spoon the mixture evenly into the mushroom caps and place the mushrooms on an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
These were delicious! I do believe that these would be equally fantastic even without the crumbs. Speaking of the crumbs, I am sure you could substitute the crackers for whatever breadcrumbs you have on hand.
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:17 PM