Friday, April 5, 2013
Grammie's Favorite Lowfat Pumpkin Muffins
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 large egg whites
* 1 cup pumpkin
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1/3 cup low-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 cup AP flour
* 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix the wet ingredients (brown sugar through vanilla).
2. In a second bowl, mix the dry ingredients (AP flour through salt).
3. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
4. Put batter into prepared pan of your choice. For a loaf pan, bake 45-50 minutes. For mini muffins, bake 14 minutes. For standard muffins, bake 23 minutes. Be sure to check for doneness before removing from the oven.
5. Let cool in the pan for 5-8 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Liam made these with Grammie to bring to preschool this week - and his young classmates couldn't get enough! Many of them wanted a third mini-muffin! These also might be great if you mixed in some chopped walnuts or pecans.
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:20 PM