Friday, July 19, 2013

July 19, 2013

First keeper this week - a jalapeno, bacon and chicken mac and cheese.  I know, I know, we already have a pepper, chicken mac and cheese.  But my kids are obsessed with mac and cheese (Hannah even gave me a mac and cheese cookbook for Christmas last year).  This week's keeper is similar, but has roasted jalapeno peppers, so we wanted to try it, and we loved it.  The original recipe didn't call for chicken, but we added it to make it a full meal.  Served with salad, everyone was happy!  Our pepper plants are still flowering and no ripe hot peppers yet, but I imagine this would be even better with home grown hot peppers.

The other keeper this week was a waffle recipe.  My kids love, love, love waffles, and I found this recipe that I can put together all the dry ingredients and leave it in the pantry. Then in the morning when they want waffles it only calls for a few additional ingredients and the amount of time it takes to heat the waffle iron.  The vanilla makes these really fabulous!

New Recipes
Waffle Mix and Recipe
Mac and cheese with Chicken, Roasted Jalapeno and Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment