Friday, July 5, 2013
* 3/4 lb ground beef
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1/4 cup skim milk
* 1 1/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables
* 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* tater tots to cover the casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Brown the meat and onions, drain. Spoon into a glass baking dish, 11 x 7 or 8 x 8.
2. Mix the soup and milk and pour this over the ground beef. Add a layer of mixed vegetables and cheese. Cover the casserole with tater tots.
3. Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
While I wouldn't advocate you make this dish in July (it is suited more for the fall or winter), it certainly was easy to throw together and my kids ate all the vegetables that ended up on their plates because of the sauce. Perhaps tuck this recipe away for a meal the babysitter can pull out of the oven to feed the kids while you and your spouse head out on a date! I used an 11 x 7 and it worked great.
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:08 PM