Friday, August 9, 2013
Pioneer Woman Potatoes
* 2.5 lbs of potatoes, cleaned and cut into chunks
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup diced sweet peppers, your choice of color(s)
* 2 tbsp olve oil
* 2 tbsp butter, melted
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
* kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. In a large bowl toss together all the ingredients.
3. Pour the potatoes onto rimmed baking sheets, bake for 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan twice during the cooking time.
4. Raise the heat to 500 F and bake until crisp and brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.
5. If desired sprinkle with additional salt and pepper just prior to serving.
When I raised the temperature to 500, it hadn't reached the final temperature before the timer rang. But they still turned out great. The kids loved these, and we adults appreciated the little kick of heat that the cayenne pepper brought to the party. We will definitely serve these again!
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:49 PM