Friday, August 23, 2013
Skillet Chicken and Ravioli
* 16-20 oz package of refrigerated mini cheese ravioli
* 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
* 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into small chunks
* salt and freshly group pepper
* 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
* 1.5 - 2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
* 2-3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
* 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
* fresh basil or parsley for garnish
1. Cook the ravioli as directed, then drain and drizzle with the EVOO to prevent sticking. Set aside.
2. While the ravioli is cooking, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3. Heat the remaining tbsp olive oil in the pan. Add the mushrooms and let them cook, undisturbed, until browned in spots, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 more minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, garlic and vinegar to the pan and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
5. Return the chicken to the pan, and the chicken broth and Parmesan cheese, bring to a simmer and cook until the chicken is heated through.
6. Pour chicken and sauce over the ravioli, garnish with parsley or basil, and enjoy!
This can easily be made with tortellini, or use interesting filled ravioli and leave out the chicken. I was only able to get medium size ravioli and we all wished they had been smaller. Dinner is so much more fun when part of the meal is "mini"! This reheated well for lunch later in the week, too!
Posted by Elizabeth at 3:30 PM