Friday, September 20, 2013
Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach
* 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
* 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
* 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
* 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
* 4 shallots, thinly sliced
* 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
* 1/4 cup sour cream
* 1 package fresh spinach ( 9 or 10 oz)
1. Sprinkle the chicken with seasoned salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil over medium heat, then cook the chicken in a large skillet about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
3. In the same skillet saute the shallots until tender. Add the wine and sour cream. Bring to a quick boil, then cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the sauce has slightly thickened. Add the spinach, cook and stir just until wilted, then remove from the heat.
4. Serve the chicken on a bed of spinach. Enjoy!
I should add an additional direction... de-bone and remove the skin from the bone-in/skin-on chicken thighs you accidentally bought! We loved this dinner! The spinach was great with the chicken, and the thighs were a nice change of pace from the usual chicken breasts we have. You could easily serve this for company as it has a nice presentation and tastes delicious!
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:14 PM