Friday, September 27, 2013
Slow Cooker Lime Chicken Tacos
* 1 - 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken
* juice of 2 limes (about 1/3 cup)
* 1 tbso chili powder
* 1 cup frozen corn
* 1 cup chunky salsa
* flour tortillas, lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream - typical taco fixins'
1. Place the chicken in a 3 qt slow cooker. Combine the lime juice and chili powder, and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
2. Remove the chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker. Stir in salsa and corn. Set slow cooker on low for 30 additional minutes. Once everything is heated through serve with tortillas and taco toppings!
I had strips of chicken, so I only needed about 3.5-4 hours. But the chicken didn't shred quite as easily so next time I will leave use whole pieces. I don't have a 3 qt slow cooker, so I put a round Corningware bowl inside the slow cooker, and used that as the cooking vessel. It worked out great!!!
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:41 PM