Friday, September 20, 2013
Turkey with Mushrooms and Cream
* 1 package of turkey slices (17.6 oz is how they usually come)
* 1 tbsp oil
* 3 tbsp butter, divided
* 3/4 cup water, divided
* 1/4 cup apple cider
* 2 tsp chicken bullion granules
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 3/4 cup sour cream
* 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat cook turkey in oil and 2 tbsp of butter until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
2. In the now empty skillet, combine 1/2 cup water, cider, 1 tsp bullion and pepper. Cook over medium heat until the bullion is dissolved. Stir in the sour cream and heat through.
3. In another skillet, combine 1 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 tsp bullion. Cook over medium heat until the bullion is dissolved. Add mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes of until the liquid has evaporated.
4. Plate the turkey with sauce and mushrooms. Enjoy!
This can be served with rice, or egg noodles, or even potatoes. Our family has been on a brown rice kick and as a result we served it with that. It was nice to make turkey instead of chicken, but I am sure you could make this with chicken if you had that on hand. I would suggest pounding the chicken thin so it can quickly cook.
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:16 PM