Friday, September 27, 2013
Weeknight Beef Skillet
* 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
* 1 lb ground beef
* 1 medium pepper, diced (your choice of color)
* 8 oz frozen peas, thawed and drained
* 8 oz frozen corn, thawed and drained
* (2) 8z cans tomato sauce
* 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
* 2 tsp sugar
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1. Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
2. While the noodles cook, cook the meat and peppers in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the meat is cooked through. Drain if needed.
3. Stir in the veggies and everything else except the parsley. Cook and stir until well combined and hot.
4. Drain the noodles and combine with the meat sauce. Stir in the parsley and serve.
Gotta love a quick one pot meal! A step above "hamburger helper" but the same sort of idea. This is very easy to toss together. You can substitute one 15 oz can of tomato sauce if you had that on hand, and feel free to add 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies if you don't want to do separate corn and peas. Everyone loved this, and we had a little bit of leftovers which heated up well later in the week.
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:40 PM