Friday, October 11, 2013
Chicken with Mushrooms and Green Onions
* 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced or pounded thin
* 2 tbs butter, divided
* 1 tbs olive oil
* 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1 cup chicken broth
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/2 cup sliced green onions
1. In a large skillet brown the chicken on both sides in 1 tbs butter and the olive oil over medium high heat. Transfer the chicken to a greased 11 x 17 baking dish.
2. In the same skillet, add the remaining butter and saute the mushrooms until tender. Add the chicken broth, green onions, and salt & pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
3. Cook the chicken in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
We had this with salad and roasted cauliflower, but you could serve it with rice or noodles because the sauce would be very good over a side dish. The chicken took on the flavor of the mushrooms and green onions, and we thought it was very tasty!
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:11 PM