Friday, November 15, 2013
Black Bean Quesadillas
* 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
* 2 green onions, chopped
* 2 tbsp chopped red onion
* 2 tbsp finely chopped roasted red pepper
* 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
* 1 tbsp lime juice
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 4 or 5 flour tortillas
* 3-4 oz shredded Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
1. In a small bowl, mash the beans with a fork. Stir in the green onion, red onion, red pepper, cilantro, lime juice and garlic.
2. Spread the bean mixture on each half of the flour tortillas, then top with cheese and fold in half.
3. Cook on a griddle coated with cooking spray or a small amount of oil. Over medium low heat cook for 1-2 minutes on each side of until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden. Cut into wedges.
Talk about delicious! We had leftover beans from a previous dinner, and didn't want them to go to waste. I saw this recipe and we all thought it sounded great. We used 5 tortillas, but may have been able to stretch this to 6 if we needed to. The filling was spilling out of some of the quesadillas! You can serve these with salsa or sour cream.
Posted by Elizabeth at 2:24 PM