* 2 cups pumpkin (fresh if you have it!)
* 2 eggs, slightly beaten
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ginger
* 1/4 tsp cloves
* 1 can evaporated milk
* 1 nine inch unbaked pie shell (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Mix the filling ingredients in order. Pour into the pie shell.
3. Bake for 15 minutes at 425, then reduce the heat to 350 F and continue baking for 45 additional minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
4. Cool completely. Serve room temperature, or chilled.
Yes, I put that the pie crust is "optional". All season I've been making crustless pumpkin pie, and it has been great! It is easy to make the filling and it cuts and serves just fine without the pie crust. So for me, the crust is optional! Also, I did also swap out the spices for 1 3/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. Feel free to do so as well.
I process pumpkin each autumn and use it in our pumpkin recipes. So instead of a can of pumpkin (make sure you don't buy pumpkin pie filling if you do buy pumpkin) you can use 2 cups of fresh pumpkin.