Friday, November 8, 2013
Nothing but Banana Muffins
* 2 cups AP flour
* 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 1 1/2 cups ripe mashed bananas (about 4)
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 egg
1. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar and baking powder) in a large bowl.
2. Combine the wet ingredients (bananas, milk, oil and egg) in a second bowl.
3. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Fill greased muffin cups with batter and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool in the pan 4- 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
These are very basic banana muffins. Feel free to add cinnamon, or walnuts, or a streusel topping, but I was looking far a very basic recipe. I had 4 bananas at the end of their lives on my counter, and needed to use them. I saw this recipe, though the original called for 1 cup toffee bits in the batter, and another 1/2 cup bits sprinkled on the tops before cooking! It is just after Halloween and my family is off the candy train, so I left that out. My kids thought these were great! The next time you have a few bananas on your counter and are looking for an easy outlet to use them in, try this recipe!
Posted by Elizabeth at 11:01 PM