Friday, November 15, 2013

Oat Waffles


Ingredients
* 1 cup AP flour
* 1 cup oat flour
* 4 tsp baking powder
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 eggs, separated
* 1 3/4 skim milk
* 2 tbsp oil
* 1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, oat flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2.  In a second bowl combine the egg yolks, milk, oil and vanilla.
3. Beat the egg whites in a third bowl for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine.  Once the wet and dry ingredients are combined, fold in the egg whites.
5. Use batter in your preheated waffle maker.

Notes
This made 11 waffles in my waffle maker, but depending on the size you may get more or less.  For the oat flour, I used my food processor to make it from quick cooking oats.  I used 1 1/4 cups of quick cooking oats to make the oat flour and I ended up with just over 1 cup of oat flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment