Friday, December 6, 2013

December 6, 2013

While it now seems like ancient history,  I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving.  We traveled for the holiday and had a wonderful time.  This week was busy with catching up on everything since we were gone for almost the whole week, but we were able to make a few new recipes.  And two of them earned keeper status!!!

The two keeper recipes were chopped steaks with mushroom gravy, and smashed red potatoes with scallions.  I served them both the same night and was so pleased that they were both a hit.  There is something so wonderfully satisfying when we sit down as a family and everyone not only tries new things but loves what they taste.  I think that is what keeps me going with this endeavor.  Sometimes when I meal plan for the week I want to stick with the usual suspects  - salmon, tacos, pasta.  But then I think of the times when smiles come across the kids faces and Owen or Liam yells "keeper".   Then I hunt through the piles of recipes I have and decide on a few new things to try.  And each week I am happy I did.  I hope you've tried a few things along the way with us as well!  It'll put a smile on your face, too!

New Recipes
Smashed Red Potatoes with Scallion
Chopped Steaks with Mushroom Gravy

1 comment:

  1. Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future. brown rice Excellent read, I just passed this into a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that.

    ReplyDelete