* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 1 cup cocoa powder (dutch process if possible)
* 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
* 1 tsp salt (popcorn salt, pickling salt, or table salt)
* 2 tsp cornstarch
* pinch cayenne pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients in the work bowl of your food processor. Process for 1-2 minutes or until very well mixed.
2. Store in an airtight canister or glass mason jar in the pantry.
3. Use as you would use store bought hot cocoa mix. Add enough mix to hot water until you reach your taste preference level.
Owen said this was the best hot chocolate he'd ever had!!! We made a few batches to give to teachers for the holiday break, and we tried it ourselves to make sure it was delicious. It is! We did have popcorn salt on hand so we used it. The recipe just wants to make sure you use the finest salt possible in the mix. The pinch of cayenne was not noticeable because the recipe makes 5.5 cups of mix. I imagine it just added a hint of complexity in the overall flavor, and since we didn't find it overpowering, we will continue to make this hot chocolate as Alton Brown directed.