Friday, January 24, 2014
All Purpose Pork Shoulder
* 3-4 lb boneless pork shoulder
* 1 tbsp kosher salt
* 2 tsp ground black pepper
* 1 onion, roughly chopped
* 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
1. Pat the pork dry and then rub the salt and pepper all over. Place it in your slow cooker.
2. Scatter the onion and garlic all over the pork and in the slow cooker bowl. Add the wine.
3. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.
4. When the meat is ready, remove from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Serve with any sauce of your choosing, on a roll or tortilla, or just heaped on a plate!
Super easy - and so versatile. Some used BBQ, wing sauce, or mustard. The meat was eaten on a roll, in a tortilla, and with a fork from a plate. We will definitely make this again! We had enough for dinner and then froze the leftovers for dinner in the future.
Posted by Elizabeth at 3:37 PM