* 2 whole roasted chickens (4-5 lbs each)
* 1 cup butter
* 1 lb fresh white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
* 1 cup AP flour
* 6 cups half and half or light cream
* 3 cups water
* 2 tbs chicken bullion granules, or 2 tbs "better than bullion"
* 1 tsp black pepper
* 4 bell peppers, your choice of colors
* 4-6 gallon size freezer bags
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms; cook and stir until soft. Add the flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes. The mixture may be lumpy.
2. Gradually add the half and half and then the water, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Whisk well at this point to make a smooth sauce. Stir in the bullion and black pepper. Let the sauce cool while you work on the chicken and peppers.
3. Pull the meat from the 2 chickens. Rough cut chicken into bite size pieces. Dived the chicken evenly among the freezer bags.
4. Cut all the peppers into bite size pieces. Divide the peppers evenly among the freezer bags.
5.The sauce should be cool enough now to divide evenly among the freezer bags. Seal the bags, label and freeze.
6. To serve, thaw the bag in the fridge overnight or during the day. Simmer the chicken, sauce and peppers in a large skillet over medium heat until warmed through. Do not boil.
We love to serve this over fresh mashed potatoes, though we've also had it over noodles. When we meal plan and this makes the list everyone is happy. We love it, and I adore the fact that we just need to thaw and reheat it! Yahoo!