Friday, January 10, 2014
Oven Baked Potato Wedges
* 4-6 russet potatoes
* 1/4 tsp kosher salt
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/4 tsp paprika
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Wash and cut potatoes into wedges by cutting them lengthwise and then each half into 3 or 4 pieces
2. Place the potatoes in a bowl of water with 2 cups of ice cubes and leave them in the water for 30-40 minutes.
3. Mix the salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
4. Dry the potatoes and place the dried wedges in 9 x 13 Pyrex or baking pan. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the potatoes and mix to make sure they are all coated.
5. Drizzle the olive oil on the potatoes and again mix to ensure they are all covered.
6. Line baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Place the wedges on the paper and bake for 35 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
You can peel the potatoes or leave the skins on - your choice; I chose to peel them knowing my audience. One thing I really loved about this recipe is that you do not have to flip the potatoes halfway through the cooking time - so they really just go in the oven and you can forget about them until they are done! My family all loved these.
Posted by Elizabeth at 7:19 PM