Friday, January 24, 2014
Stuffed Ranch Chicken
* 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin and cut into portions that can be stuffed and rolled
* 3 tbsp ranch dressing
* 2 bacon strips, cooked crisp and finely chopped
* 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
* 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
* 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
* 6 tbsp evaporated milk
* 2 tsp cornstarch
1. Ensure the chicken is pounded thin and cut in such a way that you will be able to spread the filling on it and roll it up.
2. Combine the ranch dressing, bacon, mushrooms, pepper, and green onions in a small bowl. Spread this evenly on each of the pieces of chicken. Roll each piece of chicken and secure with one or two toothpicks.
3. Place the chicken in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, and cook for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. The chicken will be done when the chicken juices run clear.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
5. Strain the liquid from the 9 x 13 pan into a bowl or measuring cup.
6. In a small saucepan, combine the evaporated milk and cornstarch until smooth. Stir in the pan juices. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium high heat; cook and stir for one minute or until thickened.
7. Serve the chicken (before to remove the toothpicks!) and pass the sauce.
We were glad that the recipe called for the sauce to be passes separately from the chicken, because not everyone loved the gravy. However everyone did agree that this was a keeper dish, and I forgot to add the bacon! So if you like this recipe but don't have bacon on hand, you can still give this chicken a try!
Posted by Elizabeth at 3:35 PM