Friday, February 7, 2014
* 2 1/2 cups AP flour
* 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 4 large eggs, at room temperature
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
* 1 lb carrots, peeled and grated
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare two 9 inch round pans with baking spray and parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pie spice and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugars together in another bowl until frothy and the sugar has mostly dissolved., about 2 minutes. While whisking, slowly add the oil until the mixture is thoroughly combined and emulsified, approximately another 2 minutes.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the liquid until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in the carrots.
5. Pour the batter unto the prepared pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let the cakes cool in the pans for about 2 hours. Then run a knife along the sides to loosen the cake, then invert the pans to release the cakes. Peel off the parchment. Frost with cream cheese or vanilla frosting, and serve!
My kids loved this! Liam even asked if he could have this kind of cake for his next birthday!!! Delicious, pretty easy, and hey - it has a pound of carrots in it!
Posted by Elizabeth at 7:32 PM