Friday, February 21, 2014
Cucumber Side Salad
* 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
* 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
* 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
* 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
* 3 tbsp olive oil
* 2 cucumbers, very finely sliced
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice the jalapeno and garlic and add to a medium sized bowl. Add the lime juice, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to the garlic and jalapeno. Using a whisk incorporate the olive oil. Set the dressing aside.
2. Add the cucumbers to the dressing and stir to combine.
3. Serve right away or refrigerate for a few hours. Prior to serving let it come to room temperature for about 20 minutes.
This was not too spicy, just enough to be interesting! We really enjoyed it! Very fresh and summery (which was appreciated since it was snowing out when we are it!)
Posted by Elizabeth at 7:01 PM