Friday, February 28, 2014

Oatmeal Banana Bread


Ingredients
* 1.2 cup unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 3/4 cups oat flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 4 oz plain or vanilla yogurt
* 3 very ripe bananas

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350.  Grease a 9x 5 loaf pan.
2. Melt the butter.  In a large bowl mix the butter and sugars.  Then add the eggs and vanilla.  Mix in the oat flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a bowl mash the bananas.  Fold the bananas into the batter.  Finally fold in the yogurt.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.  Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan, then turn onto a wire rack to finish cooling.

Notes
The original recipe called for Greek yogurt, but I only had regular on hand so that is what I used.  53 minutes was the perfect amount of time for my loaf.  And to make oat flour, I just put oats in my food processor and process them until they are really fine.  Then I measure the oat flour (don't measure the oats before you process them).  It's as easy as that!


No comments:

Post a Comment