Friday, February 21, 2014
Slow Cooker 20 Garlic Chicken
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp paprika
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 2 tsp olive oil
* boneless chicken thighs and breasts, about 2 lbs
* 1 large onion, sliced
* 1 bulb of garlic, separated into cloves (but not peeled)
1. In a small bowl mix the salt, paprika, pepper and oil to form a paste/rub.
2. Place the sliced onions in the slow cooker. Arrange the chicken over the onions.
3. Spread the paprika paste on the chicken.
4. Place the unpeeled garlic cloves all around the chicken.
5. Cover, cook on low for 5-6 hours.
6. Remove the garlic and reserve to use on potatoes, bread, etc. Place the chicken on a serving platter and slice if desired. Enjoy!
This was a very easy dish, and the house smelled delicious while cooking! You could use bone in pieces of chicken if desired, though you would likely need to increase the cooking time a bit. We served this with "zoodled" veggies, and cucumber side salad. Everyone loved this!
Posted by Elizabeth at 7:00 PM