Friday, February 21, 2014

Superb Springtime Spinach Salad


Ingredients for the dressing
* 1/4 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 tbsp cider vinegar
* 1/2 tsp spicy brown mustard
* dash garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste

Whisk the dressing ingredients until well combined.

Ingredients for the salad
* 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
* 4 slices of crispy bacon, crumbled
* 5 cups rinsed spinach, roughly chopped
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1 cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
* 1 cup seasoned croutons

Toss together the salad ingredients.  Dress with the salad dressing (or pass alongside for people to dress their own).  Place croutons on top!

Notes
OH MY!!!! This salad is really unbelievable.  When I first read the ingredients I was definitely going to pass on it.  However, I was urged to try it, and man oh man - thankfully I did!  Owen and I could not get enough of this salad.  The evening we served it with dinner I had to dash off to class.  I thought of it all class, and when I got home there was a little left...and yes, I finished it!  You have got to try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment