Friday, March 28, 2014
* 2 tbsp butter
* 1/2 onion, diced
* 1 cup rice
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 oz white wine (optional)
* salt and pepper to taste
* parsley, if you have it on hand
1. Melt the butter in a pan suitable for stove top and oven use. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Add the onions and cook until transparent. Add the rice to glaze with the butter.
3. Add the broth and wine to the pan. Bring to a boil. Cover.
4. Move the covered pan into the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and add a touch of parsley if you have it on hand.
My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me years ago and I am so glad she did! We love this, and it is very easy. Whenever the kids hear it is part of the meal plan they cheer!
Posted by Elizabeth at 3:41 PM