Friday, March 7, 2014
Spinach, Arugula & Apple Salad
Ingredients for the Vinaigrette
* 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
* 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
* 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Ingredients for the Salad
* 6 cups spinach or arugula, or a mix
* 1 granny smith apple cored and thinly sliced (unpeeled)
* 1 oz shaved Parmesan
* 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
1. Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
2. Toss the salad ingredients.
3. Dress the salad, or pass the dressing separately. Enjoy!
We only had spinach on hand, so we just used that, but I would do a mix of the two next time. You could substitute the apple for another kind, perhaps Pink Lady, but you want the apple to be on the tart side with a good crunch. You can also toast the walnuts if you want, but I didn't, and we still thought it was great!
Posted by Elizabeth at 6:55 AM