* 1 teaspoon baking soda
*1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* ½ teaspoon ground ginger
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ½ cup butter, softened
* ½ cup honey
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 3/4 cup carrot shreds
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper, foil, or silicone liners (or use cooking spray) and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
3. In a large bowl beat the butter, honey, egg and vanilla together on medium speed. Turn the speed down and slowly add in the flour mixture until well combined. The batter will be fairly thick at this point.
4. Using a spatula, carefully fold in the applesauce and carrots. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick comes and muffins are beginning to turn golden brown on top. Enjoy!
These were so moist, and my older kids devoured them! I didn't have any ginger so just added extra cinnamon. Delicious!