Friday, April 11, 2014
* heaping 3/4 cup AP flour
* heaping 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
* 1 mashed banana
* 1 tsp vanilla
1. Whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt. Add the milk, eggs, melted butter, mashed banana and vanilla and stir just until combined. Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes while you heat up the waffle iron.
2. Make waffles as you do in your waffle iron (typically 1/4 cup of batter per waffle). Serve hot and enjoy!
These were fantastic! Definitely a hearty breakfast with both AP and whole wheat flour, and the banana added a lovely note without being totally overpowering. We will definitely make these again!
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:40 PM