Friday, April 11, 2014
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 cup AP flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2/3 - 3/4 cup choc chips, finely chopped nuts or grated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the brown sugar. Stir the brown sugar into the butter until fully incorporated and stir on the heat for about 2 minutes. Transfer this to a bowl and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in one egg and beat well for 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat until that is combined.
4. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix this into the butter mixture. Add in the chocolate chips, nuts or coconut.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 9 pan. Bake 20-25 minutes. Let it cool, and cut this into bars when cool.
Of all three blondie versions this was the run away winner. All three were delicious, but there was something about these that the taste testers (my family and my friends in bookclub) loved. You can cut the pan into 16 thin squares, and they will probably be gone in no time! For the cook time, 22 minutes was perfect in my oven.
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:42 PM