Friday, May 16, 2014
Slow cooker Santa Fe Turkey Breast
* 1 bone in turkey breast, thawed if frozen (approx 5 lbs)
* 1 cup salsa
* 2 tbsp honey
* 1 tbsp chopped chipotle in adobo sauce (from 7 oz can), optional
* 2 tsp cornstarch
* 2 tbsp water
1. Spray your slow cooker insert. Place the turkey breast in the slow cooker.
2. Combine the salsa, honey, and chopped chipotle (if using). Pour this over the turkey.
3. Cook the turkey on low for 6-7 hours.
4. Remove turkey and take off the skin. Slice the turkey then keep warm while you make the gravy.
5. To make the gravy, remove 2 cups of the liquid from the slow cooker. Mix together the cornstarch and water, then add this to the slow cooker liquids. Cook and stir this over medium high heat in a small sauce pot until thickened. Serve this gravy with the chicken.
This was so flavorful, and super easy! Not everyone tried the gravy, but everyone absolutely loved the turkey! It gave us leftovers for a future meal which was a great bonus. But seriously...what a great and easy way to cook a turkey breast. When the frozen ones go on sale, pick one up, thaw it out in the fridge and then cook it in the slow cooker! Yum! The pictures above show it with and without the gravy! Try this...it was delicious!
Posted by Elizabeth at 3:13 PM