Friday, May 16, 2014
Stove top chicken pasta
* 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 small yellow onion, minced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 28 oz petite diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 6-8 oz dried pasta (rotini or shells)
* 1 cup mozzarella
* 1 cup ricotta cheese
* 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
* 1/3 cup half and half
1. In a large saucepan heat the oil over medium-low heat and saute the onion and garlic until softened. Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally.
2. While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta as directed on the package.
3. Add the chicken to the sauce and stir and cook to heat the chicken through, about 4-5 minutes. Mix the half and half, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in to the sauce. Stir until the cheese is incorporated.
4. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the pasta. Serve!
I tossed my onion and garlic cloves in my small food processor - this made it quick to mince both and saved me from crying my eyes out!
This was originally the stuffing for red bell peppers, but my family enjoyed the filling, and didn't really enjoy the peppers! So the picture shows it in the peppers, but we are going to keep making this as a stove top pasta dish! I might even leave out the half & half next time...not sure it needs it! If you have it on hand, add it, but don't go out and buy it if it isn't already in your fridge.
Posted by Elizabeth at 3:28 PM