Friday, June 27, 2014
Fresh Strawberry Sorbet
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup water
* 1/4 cup corn syrup
* 4 cups of strawberries that have been pulsed prior to being measured
* 4 tbsp lemon juice
1. Make a simple syrup by bringing the sugar and water together to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer without stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Transfer to a bowl or other container and let cool completely.
2. Combine the already pulsed strawberries with the lemon juice and puree completely in a food processor or blender. Press the strawberry puree through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
3. Combine the seedless strawberry puree with the simple syrup and the corn syrup. Chill for at least 1 hour.
4. Freeze the sorbet mix according to your ice cream freezer manufacturer directions. After frozen, eat the sorbet or let it ripen in the freezer for 2 hours or so.
Wow - was this delicious!!!! Even Liam, who doesn't like to eat strawberries, just cannot get enough of this! It is amazingly refreshing on a hot and humid summer afternoon or evening. If you have an ice cream maker I would absolutely suggest you try this at home.
Posted by Elizabeth at 11:05 PM