Friday, June 20, 2014

June 20, 2014

I made it!!! I just finished my summer grad class, and to top it off it was my last class prior to student teaching.  I can breath and relax a little.  It is a very, very good feeling.

We did manage to sneak in a few recipes this week in between completing my final projects and getting the kids to and from all their summer activities. Ice cream, fried chicken and savory muffins were all voted keepers.  Based on these recipes you would think we were out picnic-ing all week!

Ryan's mom is visiting this week, and she took over the reins while I was at class on Thursday, and the kids just couldn't rave enough about her fried chicken.  So although I didn't make it myself, the kids all voted it a keeper and we had to include it!  And as for the ice cream - my mint plants were begging to be made into ice cream, although we ended up using extract and not fresh mint.  And once the ice cream turned out so well we decided to make Hannah's favorite flavor - cookie dough.  Both are super easy, and really delicious.  If you have an ice cream machine, give one of them a try!

I made the savory muffins with salmon for dinner early in the week and we all agreed it was a keeper recipe.  A nice change of pace from traditional biscuits but not hard at all.  They are definitely best served right away, but are okay if you heat them up the next day.  But fresh out of the oven - yum!

Not sure what is on the test kitchen list for this upcoming week, but I've been eyeing tortilla recipes...we shall see!

Happy Cooking!

New Recipes
Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Grammie's Fried Chicken
Sesame Cheddar Mini Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment