Friday, July 4, 2014
Chicken and Broccoli
* 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
* 1 small green pepper, cut into small thin slices
* 3/4 cup snap peas, chopped into thirds
Chicken and Marinade Ingredients
* 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite size pieces
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp sugar
* 2 tsp cornstarch
* 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
* 1 tbsp water
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tbsp flour
* 1 tbsp rice cooking wine
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil to saute the chicken
* 1/2 cup water
1. Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the chicken and stir. Set aside.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Steam the broccoli for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat up the tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and marinade and half the sauce mixture and saute until the chicken is fully cooked.
5. Add the steamed broccoli, snap peas, pepper strips and the remaining sauce along with the 1/2 cup water. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens up. Serve and enjoy!
We really enjoyed this - including Hannah! 5 keeper votes from us! You can serve this over rice if desired, but we made pork fried rice and served it with that.
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:15 PM