Friday, July 25, 2014
* 4 oz pasta rings, cooked according to box directions
* 8 oz tomato sauce
* 1 tbsp tomato paste
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 tsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese
* pinch of salt to taste
1. Add tomato sauce and paste to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until heated through.
2. Reduce heat to low and slowly whisk in the milk and Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is heated through.
3. Stir the pasta rings into the sauce. Season with salt to taste if desired. Serve and enjoy!
The recipe suggested 2% or whole milk, but we used skim milk successfully. This recipe can easily be scaled as needed, but my kids enjoyed it best the day it was made; we found the pasta absorbed the sauce when saved as leftovers.
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:38 PM