Friday, September 12, 2014
Super Crispy Baked French Fries
* 4-5 russet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch thick fries
* 5 tbsp oil, divided
* 1 tbsp cornstarch
* 1 tsp salt
1. Adjust the oven rack to the lowest position and preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave the potatoes for 2 minutes. Shake the potatoes and then microwave for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a cooling rack and blot the potatoes dry with paper towels.
3. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with 4 tbsp of oil. Place the baking sheet in the oven to heat the oil, for 4-5 minutes.
4. Mix one tbsp of oil with the cornstarch and salt. Add the potatoes to the oil mixture and toss them to coat.
5. Carefully arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
6. When finished baking transfer the potatoes to a towel lined plate and blot with additional paper towels. Move the potatoes to a bowl and serve while hot. Enjoy!
Wow - these were incredibly crispy! I was hesitant to try these fries out given the amount of oil for them to cook in, but in the end decided to to give the recipe a try. They were such a hit that I am glad I did! In the future I will try with a little less oil and will update this recipe posting if I have success!
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:08 PM