Friday, October 17, 2014

Homemade Peanut Butter


Ingredients
* 10 oz roasted peanuts
* 2/3 tsp kosher salt
* 1 tsp honey
* 1 tbsp peanut oil

Directions
1. In your food processor or blender combine the peanuts, salt and honey until crumbly.  Add in the peanut oil and process until you reach the smooth consistency you prefer.
2. Store in the fridge, and use as you would any other peanut butter.

Notes
Oh my word!  Talk about delicious!!!!  I've tried a few peanut butter recipes before, but this is by far the best we've tried.  My kids told me I should stop buying peanut butter and just make this from now on...that is a serious endorsement because my kids eat peanut butter almost every day!  I had the ingredients on hand, so decided to give the recipe a whirl.  I used dry roasted peanuts and that give it a fabulous flavor!

This recipe makes about 2/3 cup of peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment