Friday, October 31, 2014

October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!!!  Hope you are ready to have some fun tonight!

This week was another tough week in the test kitchen.  First up - a new oatmeal muffin recipe.  Yikes!  I am not sure exactly what went wrong, but the muffins were terrible.  The boys and I tried one when they came out of the oven (it was close to dinner so we shared one), and none of us could even finish our piece.  What a bummer.

We also tried a new banana bread, but it wasn't banana-y enough.  After we made those I still had enough bananas that were ready for one of two fates: be baked into something or be tossed into the freezer for future use in a smoothie. I have been wanting to make a new banana snack cake recipe but since it is Halloween I opted to freeze those bananas.  Who needs a cake in the house on October 31?

I am planning on making a new zucchini side dish this week, and there is a zucchini cake one of my sisters made that looked amazing (again, I know, who needs cake this time of year?  But it looks so good!).  Hopefully there will be success in the kitchen this first week of November!

Happy Halloween, and Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment