* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 6 tbsp butter, cut up
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1 tsp salt
1. Heat sugar in a medium saucepan over medium to medium high heat, stirring constantly. Eventually the sugar will clump and then liquify. Keep stirring.
2. Once the sugar is completely melted add in the butter. The mixture will bubble when you add the butter, but keep stirring. Stir until the butter is completely melted and incorporated, 2-3minutes.
3. Very slowly add the cream. Keep stirring! Again the mixture will bubble. Once all the cream is mixed in let the mixture boil for one minute, and keep stirring.
4. Remove the pan from the heat. Add in the salt and mix. Let the sauce cool before using.
5. When the sauce is cool, if desired, pour it into a mason jar (or other glass container) and cover tightly with a lid. Store the sauce in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
6. To use cold sauce, reheat it in the microwave, slowly, stirring after every 15 seconds so you do not overheat the sauce.
Yum!!! Imagine this over vanilla ice cream, brownies, zucchini cake, apple slices.... the possibilities are endless. It will solidify in the fridge, but it reheats beautifully and is delicious! Try it out!