Friday, October 17, 2014
South of the Border Mac and Cheese
* 2 1/2 cups rotini pasta
* 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
* 1 can cheddar cheese soup (10oz)
* 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
* 2 tsp chili powder
* 1 can tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
* 8 green onions, sliced
1. Cook the rotini in boiling water as directed on the package, probably 8 minutes. Drain.
2. Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick spray. Mix the pasta, milk, soup, cheddar cheese and chili powder together. Pour in the slow cooker.
3. Cook on high for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring after 30 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and green onions, and mix. Heat for another 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Not a glamorous meal, but an easy to put together twist on mac and cheese. My older kids and I loved the flavors of this dish, and you could even use a spicy cheese like pepper jack instead of cheddar if you wanted to add even more heat. But we enjoyed it just like this - we hope you will, too!
Posted by Elizabeth at 2:07 PM