1. Wash your pumpkins. Remove the stems, then cut in half from the top to the bottom.
2. Remove the pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle the pumpkin flesh with kosher salt.
3. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper lay the pumpkin halves flesh side down.
4. Cook in a 400 F oven for 30-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the pumpkin glides in easily without resistance.
5. Let the pumpkin cool until you can easily handle them, approximately 1 hour.
6. Remove the skin, then process in a food processor or blender until very smooth.
7. Store the pumpkin puree in the fridge for 1 week, or in the freezer for longer.
I like to store my pumpkin in 2 cup batches as this is most often the amount I need for a recipe. If I need less I can use the remaining in another recipe.