* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 cups AP flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* three ripe bananas (1 cup), mashed
* frosting, if desired
1. Grease two 7 x 11 baking pans (I use glass). Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter ans sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add this flour mixture to the batter, Stir in the bananas.
4. Spread the batter into the two greased baking pans. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool and frost if desired, or just enjoy!
This freezes well. You can either freeze individual slices or freeze the entire snack cake. This was delicious, super moist, and was satisfying without any frosting! It worked great as a banana cake when I layered tow pieces together with frosting in the middle and on top.