Saturday, July 4, 2015
Spiralized Zucchini with Grape Tomatoes
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 3 garlic cloves, chopped
* 3/4 lb grape tomatoes, cut in half (quarter them if needed)
* pinch red pepper flakes
* kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
* 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
* 1 large zucchini, spiralized
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and golden, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the tomatoes soften.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high and add in the zucchini and basil. Toss the zucchini in the sauce to coat and cook for 2 minutes. Serve right away and enjoy!
I love spiralized zucchini!! I love tomatoes!!! A recipe that combined the two? Sign me up! As your harvest both zucchinis and tomatoes from your garden this summer, give this side dish a try. You will love it!
Posted by Elizabeth at 1:13 PM