Saturday, July 4, 2015
* 1 lb lean ground turkey or ground beef
* 1 can (16 oz) refried black beans
* 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
* 3/4 cup frozen corn
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
* 1 envelope of taco seasoning (or 3 tbsp of your own)
* 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
* 3 cups salsa
* no cook lasagna noodles (12-16)
* 3 cups shredded cheese (whatever kind or kinds you want!)
* chopped green onions, sour cream, avocado, all optional
1. Cook and drain the meat. Stir in the beans, corn, jalapeno, taco seasoning and 3/4 cup tomato sauce.
2. Combine the salsa and remaining tomato sauce. Prepare a 9x 13 pan with cooking spray and then spread 1/4 cup or so of the salsa sauce onto the bottom of the pan.
3. Layer the noodles on the bottom (have them overlap slightly), then put some of the meat mixture, salsa mixture and then some cheese. Continue to repeat these layers until you run out of either ingredients or space in the pan. Reserve a little cheese for the top, but do not put it on yet.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes. Remove the foil and spread on the remaining cheese. Turn the oven up to broil and watch for the cheese to melt, maybe 2-4 minutes.
5. Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
6. Serve and pass with green onions, sour cream and avocado is desired! Enjoy!
Delicious!!! I do not like refried beans but I had never had refried black beans and they were great in this dish. We will definitely make this again. I imagine making it the night before and cooking it the following evening. Probably will need to up the cooking time if it is coming out of the fridge but it would be great to have a hot all in one meal ready without any day-of prep or cooking!
Posted by Elizabeth at 1:00 PM