Friday, April 13, 2018

April 13, 2018

As I get older not only do Fridays seem to come more quickly, but also I find I am more tired by the time they arrive.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by this, but somehow, every Friday, I am.  "Friday already?  Wow...that week went fast!  I am ready to sit (or snooze) on the couch!"  Pretty typical words falling out of my mouth this morning, and most Fridays.

On Saturday we did our meal planning and picked out a few new recipes to try. We didn't get around to all of them and we had mixed results.  2 were fine but by no means keepers.  Glad to keep you from wasting your time and energy on those lackluster dishes.  But two of the recipes earned keeper status, with one of them just blowing it out of the water!  The Lime Pork with Peppers & Onions was a massive hit, and was even delicious warmed up as lunch the next day!  Totally give this a try if it appeals to you - maybe even try it with chicken if you aren't too keen on pork.   And seriously...oven baked fries with parmesan and garlic salt?  That was almost a keeper without even actually making the recipe! Ha!

And I have a trick to cutting raw peppers.  Maybe you already know this one, but when my mom showed me a few years back I was amazed and LOVED it.  Now its the only way I prep peppers!  Watch the video and I'll show you how to do it!

I hope you had a good week, and I hope you find time to sit on your couch this weekend!

Happy Cooking!

New Recipes
Lime Pork with Peppers & Onions
Parmesan Fries

Video Tip
Cutting Peppers (minimize waste)

No comments:

Post a Comment