Friday, April 6, 2018

April 6, 2018

Well hello!  It's been a really long time!  I have continued to cook, try new recipes, repeat our tried and true favorites, but so much has changed since I last wrote.  July 4, 2015 was the date of my last post.  Since the last post I have had another baby (who is now almost 2!), started a new career (I am in my 3rd year of teaching), and, well, actually, I guess that's it.  But seriously - those are two massive changes!  Do we really need anything else? Life got so busy and hectic something had to move off my plate and the only thing that seemed flexible was blogging.  I took a prolonged hiatus, but now I am back.

It is funny to post here in April.  My first post was April 7, 2011.  I started this blog over spring break years ago because I was feeling like we were in such a rut at dinner.  Tacos, spaghetti, chicken...we liked dinner but we were definitely a bit bored.  That spring break week I tried a new dinner recipe every night in an effort to see what else was out there.  I had two criteria: the recipe couldn't be too complicated and it had to get at least 3 thumbs up at the dinner table.  It was okay if not everyone liked it, but the majority of us had to love it.  Over time we have had lots of great dishes, but only the true keepers ended up here.  And while I haven't posted to this blog over the last few years, we have definitely consulted it regularly!  We still have family dinner every single night - all 6 of us sit down together.  We talk about the highs and lows of the day, we laugh, we share our time together.  It is so important to our family and often it is my highlight of the day.  Seeing how our kids interact and truly enjoy being together is such a gift and blessing.

Enough of the reminiscing already and let's get back to the recipes.  This week I only have one new keeper - Chili Lime Oven Roasted Salmon.  We love this preparation for salmon!  I am lucky to have kids that enjoy salmon, and we have it a few different ways, but found that even salmon was falling into the boring category.  But this recipe is fantastic.  Based on a recipe from a cookbook Ryan got when he graduated and moved into his own apartment this recipe is definitely a keeper!  We served it to a friend that was over for dinner not knowing he didn't like fish - and then he emailed and asked me for the recipe!  You totally have to give this one a try!

Happy cooking!

New Recipe
Chili Lime Oven Roasted Salmon


No comments:

Post a Comment