* 10 oz shredded Swiss cheese
* 1 ½ cup ham, diced
* 1 ½ cups of milk
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 1 tbsp flour
* 1/8 tsp salt
* Freshly ground pepper, to taste
* Few dashes of cayenne pepper, to taste
* Crust – of your choice (frozen, homemade, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Adjust rack to lower third of the oven.
2. Prepare the crust.
3. Put half the Swiss cheese on the crust. Follow with the ham.
4. Mix the milk and eggs thoroughly. Add a small amount of this to the flour to make a paste. After making the paste, add this back to the rest of the egg/milk mixture.
5. Add the seasonings to the liquid. Pour this over the ham and cheese.
6. Sprinkle the remaining half of the cheese on the top of the quiche.
7. Bake at 375 for about 45-55 minutes, until the center is set. Remove and let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
You can bake this for 30 minutes, and then remove and cool completely, and refrigerate over night. The next day, bring the quiche back to room temperature, preheat the oven, and then finish cooking the quiche for 25-30 additional minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes and then serve.